Friday, April 16, 2010

solo un POCO mas corto

i finally got my first SPANISH haircut! So proud of myself. I've been waiting all semester with split ends visible from a mile away, and FINALLY today I made the move. The fact that it was a NYC English-speaking salon that only uses Aveda products is beside the point. I never actually had to explain in Spanish, BUT I did get 4 inches cut off and I look like a whole new person. YAY for healthy hair.

Other concerns:
1. GOING HOME. How am I going to deal with the American fast-paced lifestyle where people don't take 3 hour siestas in the middle of the day? How am I going to survive in a land where wine costs more than $4 a bottle? What if I want a smoothie from La Boqueria in between classes? More importantly, what if I want to DANCE until 6am at Opium but NOTHING IS OPEN THAT LATE IN AMERICA.
2. Kind of worried about papers. That was a lie I'm not worried at all but probably SHOULD BE since I have so many due so soon!
3. Beach, tapas, my friends, being able to speak Spanish, brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things.

Good things about going home?
-PANERA. oh my god. you pick 2? chicken noodle soup and sesame asian chicken salad with an apple PAH-LEASE.
-my carrrrrrrrr! its like music to my ears. more specifically satellite radio with hundreds of fabulous channels that i miss so dearly
-drive-thrus! I'm going to order fast food out of my car window when I get home (even though I hate fast food) just because I CAN.
-THE MALL
-Ok and all my clothes I was forced to leave behind due to the lack of space in the ONE suitcase I brought here for the semester. Yes I only have 3 outfits here. Don't judge me. So many clothes at home! Ah!


Something else I love..
I have no pictures for this post, so go to this WONDERFUL website isabella showed me and enjoy his pictures there

http://www.iwrotethisforyou.me/

1 comment:

  1. oh my god we are going to sonic and going shopping the first day you get home. and i was randomly thinking today how BAD i want to swim in grandma's pool this summer!

    ReplyDelete